OK, so I don't like this at all buttttt, My ten year high school reunion is coming up. (choking on coffee even reading the words) Ten years, ten freaking years. So I keep imagining Romy n Michelle's high school reunion in my head and the answer is yes, I would most defiantly show up dressed as them. But No really, the what the hell have you done with your life in ten years is the main thought. The really Jessica, really?!?!? WHAT HAVE I DONE?? Well I partied.. FAIL. I worked in the mortgage business for 5 years, and as we all know.. FAIL. I along with Falon founded the Ventura County Derby Darlins, which is still going and thriving.. WIN. I lived in... Huntington beach, Fort Collins, CO, Scottsdale, AZ, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, east bay, Mission Viejo, Laguna, Corona and now Costa Mesa... WIN. I have met many amazing friends, best friends even, with all of the cities I have lived I have at least a handful of friends dear to my heart. I scuba dove The great barrier reaf.. WIN. I have started, transferred and now am finally going to finish at Paul Mitchell The School.
But the greatest thing I have done, is become a Mom!
No, I'm not married. No, I don't own a house. No, I don't own a business, or run one, or manage one. But I do run a family.. A small family, a family of two. But still owned and operated by yours truly. There are many things in life to be proud of, some choose the superficial route and others opt not. I choose not too. All of my greatest accomplishments are those of the heart. Mind and Soul. You see when you have never lived a life of struggle it is easy for you to find empowerment and sense of entitlement in things with a dollar sign, but when you have ran against the wind per say, when you have treaded water everyday just to keep your head above, well then is when you say today is a good day, today I did what I was meant to do, I took care of my self, I took care of my son, I put in my time at work, I spoke to god, I thanked him for what I have and what I don't have, I lived a honest life, I did my best and I can go to sleep knowing I am exactly where I am supposed to be. For no amount of money, or fancy car, or name brand article of clothing can buy you the happiness that living a honest life can, a simple life.
My richest possesion is the ability to find joy in the small simple things in life.
So I can breath, or try to and practice saying, Hi I am Jessica Quartucy from class of 2001, I am a mom, and a damn good one. Single, Tattoos and all.
Though this has made me think off my life goals and making a check off list to hang... I feel a lil DIY project coming soon.
AMAZING POST! You r fabulous and i thankful to know you!
ReplyDeleteAmen sista!
ReplyDelete