Monday, February 21, 2011

Wear one face and wear it well.

Which one does not belong...

A) OMG such a perfect day today, I love my perfect life, my perfect kids, my perfect husband, we made a perfect dinner in our perfect house and planned our perfect vacation. I am such a lucky girl to have so much perfection I just explode with.... FAKINESS.

B) such a good dinner tonight, we had organic chicken, organic rice, organic wine and then went on a run and after had organic desert in my house made of tree bark and.....FAKINESS.

C) Today sucked, my boyfriend dumped me, my teachers hate me, I need to loose weight, my parents keep telling me to do my homework, I am so hungover, my baby's daddy is such a idiot, I cant believe my car broke down again and life would so much easier if I wasn't so .....FAKE

D) Today was a hard day, some days are better then others, some times you win, sometimes you loose. Anything about god. Anything real. ANYTHING NOT SUGAR COATED OR OVERLY DRAMATIC, ANYTHING REAL!

If you chose D then...ding, ding, ding.


Why in society is it acceptable to wish for the worst upon others and then put them down when you see any sign of humanity.  Why do we love to watch celebrities fall, love them when they are up, hate them when they are down. Why to be real, honest, out there, vulnerable are we being intense???  I think its intense the number of people that wear more then one face.  How are you ever going to live if you are so busy lying.  You cant dodge life and you cant dodge death but you can dodge the truth.  Keep switching faces, hats, hiding.  For the real test of a person is not what he does when others can see, its what he does when he thinks no one will find out.

I admit my problem allot of time is being too real, of saying too much. I'm usually kicking myself for this later, its just allot of my time is spent with a toddler who lets face it, cant really hold up a conversation let alone understand what I'm feeling.. So naturally when I am around adults I get straight up diareah of the freaking mouth. Every thought, feeling, joke, whatever.. comes pouring out then a flood of fear comes over me, like... O Shit, have I said to much.  Is this person gonna switch faces on me and run and pull a "Oh my gosh did you hear about Jessica...."  Society has made us this way, I mean how do little girls make friends.... Well they conjointly form together to to befriend someone else. A click. Its sick.  I'd love to say these kind of people grow out of it, but not all do.  Admittedly I was one and I did. 

Even at a young age I was a lover of the underdog, my brother always gave me a hard time about it but I think it is because I come from a large family that I am A. naturally overly sensitive and B. longing to have everyone get along, to love and be accepted.  I will also say that I have a good sense of character and can sense the people to be weary about, now at my age I think you shouldn't even have to deal with this stuff but lets face it the business I am in is like the never ending High School, staring every ones EGO!!  The most important thing to do is be yourself and try to surround yourself with those who don't care so much about being "every ones best friend" "being the most popular" or "being the best" these peoples insecurities out shine anything else they have to offer.

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
Proverbs 18:24
 
Your insecurities will eat you alive.

Now, I have allot of good friends, great friends and best friends.  Even though often I hermit myself; that's ok because I know these friends will always be there.  Ones whom I cherish because they have seen me at my worse, see me at my best, stood by me for everything in between and loved me anyways. For that I am forever thankful, for that kind of kinship I cherish.  I think if you can go through life and make the kind of relationships that make you think, I am a better person because this person is in my life.. well then I think job well done.  Its not about how many friends you have, but about how many of value you cherish, and whom cherish you.  I have been down trust me, down to the core of the f-ing earth, and I have friends who I can thankfully say where there to reach their hand down and pull me up, I too had those who where gladly there to keep kicking dirt over me, but they lost, with binded hands of love and strength the greater friendship pulled me out and the lesser fades away to something of so little importance its almost a shame to even give credit.

With love and laughter we have it all. With relationships in God, family and friends we never stand alone, together we are one. One in love.

Let us love thy neighbor as oneself, and spend less time hoping for the fall and more time reaching out to those in need.  For being real is not intense its honest.  And honesty is "the best policy" Wear one face and wear it well.



Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Eccl 4:9-12





















No comments:

Post a Comment