Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here's the story of a lovely lady..Who was bringing up one very lovely boy.

So, this is my blog. I am able to say whatever I want about whoever I want whenever I want. Because it is mine. Now being the middle of 8 children I find it very important to establish what is mine from the beginning. Its what you do when you are raised in a house hold much like the Brady bunch. As children we fought or claimed everything, we called who was first, second, middle and last for the shower, we called who got to sit where, who got to pick the first TV show, we rode bikes that were configured of a few different old bikes, meaning we had one white tire one black, we wore hand me downs, we ate baloney, we smuggled candy from the liqueur store, we raided neighbors pantry's, we caused ruckus wherever we went and we had a damn good time. Our parents failed to find the humor in most our antics and so did our nanny when my younger brother told her " she had the face of his grandfathers balls" (in Spanish) She quit that day. Our parents quit with our youngest.

I was your typical..scratch that I was never typical. A girl with strawberry blond hair, who as soon as I could talk would argue with strangers that my hair was not red it was Orange. I had freckles and I hated them. I needed attention 24/7 and I found it with my squeaky high pitched voice, my dramatic ways, my dancing and falling into the splits in public, my desire to be center stage yet my ability to retreat to my room for hours on hours of alone time, filled with barbies, making up my own dances, writing poems or hiding in my closet when my parents would fight. I am the same now as I was then, I am still loud, dramatic and attention seeking I still desire to be alone and I still dance to the beat of my own drum. The difference is now I am the PARENT. Its now "because I said so, that's why."

The purpose of this blog, no real purpose. I just have allot to say. I can almost guarantee I will say stuff I probably shouldn't. I will reference back to my childhood, it explains allot about who I am today. I will tell you about my day to day struggles, obstacles, accomplishments, failure and success. I will ramble on, for I type much like a speak, without a filter from my brain to my mouth. Or in this case my brain to my fingers. But I find myself entertaining, without laughter we have chaos.

So, this is the blog, the blog of a single mom. A single mom who tries to be strong and hold on. Hold on while this roller coaster we call life takes myself and my son for a ride.

Next stop.. San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment